Creamy, lemon-y, and cheesy, this Easy Chicken Spaghetti hits all the right notes. Ready in under half an hour, it makes a perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner. Your family will love it!
I can’t believe it has been 2 months since the last pasta recipe on the blog. No, of course, I didn’t make such a long break in real life. You are crazy just for thinking that! Pasta is like a fuel for me. Without it, I simply can’t function.
Yes yes, I know that it’s carb-heavy but let me tell you this. If you follow a healthy diet the majority of the time, a few servings of pasta throughout the week will do absolutely nothing to your body. Proved by yours truly.
Not only pasta dishes are crazy delicious but they are also super easy and quick to throw together. Perfect for those hectic weeknights. Like this easy chicken spaghetti I made today. I got the recipe from my most favorite pasta book ever and it didn’t disappoint. In fact, this pasta turned out to be even better than I expected.
Parmesan. Lemon. Cream. Sauce. How does it sound? Yup. I agree. Freaking awesome. Creamy, lemon-y, cheesy. This easy chicken spaghetti has it all!
Oh, and it’s such a breeze to make. With only 10 minutes of prep time, this flavorful pasta will be ready in under half an hour. Your family will be happy and you won’t even break a sweat. Sounds too good to be true? I know!
I will be frank with you. At first, I thought that this recipe is too simple for the blog. However, after tasting it, all my doubts vanished. So many different flavors in one place! It’s one of those cases when simplicity truly shines. Try this easy chicken spaghetti and let me know what you think!
Easy Chicken Spaghetti with Parmesan Lemon Cream Sauce
- 1 lb (450g) spaghetti
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves , cubed
- 1 teaspoon Provence herbs
- pinch of salt + 1/2 teaspoon
- pinch of ground black pepper + 1/4 teaspoon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- zest of 1 lemon ,
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken cubes with the Provence herbs, salt, and pepper to taste. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Pour off excess oil if there is any. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, lemon zest, and cayenne pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and lemon juice. Return the pasta and the chicken to the skillet. Toss to coat and serve!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Yummy Addiction up and running!