Hey Y’All! Jovita here, searching for new ways to cook chicken, as always! This time I want to share these incredibly juicy Cilantro Lime Chicken Drumsticks. You can’t not love the cilantro and lime combination. Well, actually you can, if you can’t stand cilantro as much as my hubby does. But what does he know, right? The combo with lime works really well on chicken and gives an authentic Mexican taste from the very first bite. These drumsticks are literally packed with flavor. Don’t they look great?
Tony Bourdain once said that chicken is boring. It CAN be boring if you cook it the same way every single time. But awesome marinades like this beautiful cilantro and lime combination beat the boringness out of it! You just have to experiment with chicken trying new flavors all the time and you won’t ever think that it’s boring. I promise you.
You know what else can get boring? Chicken breast. My hubby is all over it while my first choice is always drumsticks or thighs. He says that he wants to eat “white meat” and doesn’t even look at “dark meat”. We always have heated debates on the subject in the shop, ha ha!
Of course you can easily use chicken breast instead of drumsticks, if you wish. Although I think chicken drumsticks are more tender, juicier and have more flavor. And as a bonus, kids love drumsticks as they are great finger food! This cilantro lime chicken has a fresh and zesty flavor, which I like a lot. So damn good. Not to mention, your kitchen will smell like heaven when you bake them!
This recipe is definitely a must try! It’s simple, easy to make and comforting. Plus all ingredients are inexpensive and easy to find. This one might easily become your family’s favorite dinner time meal. I know you will love this as much as we did!
- 8 chicken drumsticks , skin on
- 2 limes , zest and juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except the chicken. Pour the marinade in a ziplock bag and add the chicken drumsticks. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Take the drumsticks out of the marinade and arrange in the dish in a single layer, without touching each other.
- Roast for about 40 minutes or until cooked through and the juices run clear when pierced with a fork. If they need a bit more color, turn on the broiler for a minute or two and watch them closely.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or steamed veggies. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!