This stuff is SO GOOD!! A cold pasta salad is one of those dishes that invite endless experimentation. Basically, you can put pretty much anything in it and it will be delicious. Like today. Classic broccoli salad + cranberries + pasta = heavenly yummy!
This salad has the perfect combination of flavors and textures. I love a subtly but not overpoweringly sweet and tangy dressing that gets soaked into the crunchy broccoli, sweet & tart cranberries, toasted sunflower seeds, crispy & salty prosciutto, zippy red onion, soft Cheddar cheese and, of course, chewy pasta. Oh yes, this pasta salad is more than just fantastic. I always prefer a lighter dressing on my salad so the combination of Greek yogurt and mayo is just perfect!
I highly recommend making this salad in advance, allowing the flavors to mingle and blend together. You will be amazed with the result! This is so simple and easy to make, so there’s no excuse not to try it!
- 2 cups farfalle , bow-tie pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups broccoli florets , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds , toasted
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and cook 2 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Once drained, chop into bite sized pieces.
- Add pasta, broccoli, prosciutto, cranberries, sunflower seeds, onion and Cheddar cheese in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve (at least 1 hour). Enjoy!