Strawberry season is about over in my country but other summer goodies such as blueberries and raspberries are starting to show up at the Farmers’ Market. Yay! It’s my favorite time of the year because I am a huge fan of fresh berries!
I don’t know about you but the best heat beater for me is watermelon. It’s watery, juicy, refreshing… Perfect summer fruit. I thought about blueberry and watermelon combination and I loved it! I have never tried this summer combo before so I was really excited.
That’s how this yummilicious salad was born. Blueberries + Watermelon + Feta + Walnuts + Mint Leaves. Epic? Drizzle everything with lemon vinaigrette. Now it’s epic.
The saltiness of feta combines wonderfully with the sweetness of blueberries and juicy crunch of watermelon. Walnuts and mint leaves add a beautiful finishing touch to this tasty summer salad. Oh and don’t forget about the lemon vinaigrette. It adds some extra flavor!
I am pretty sure this salad will be my favorite this month. What else do you need on a sizzling summer day? Try it right now!
For The Salad:
- 4 cups seedless watermelon , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup feta cheese , cut into small cubes
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts , toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves , thinly sliced
For The Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a small jar with a lid, combine the lemon juice, white wine vinegar, olive oil, and sugar. Cover and shake until mixed well.
- Gently toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Divide the salad between 4 plates. Drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette and serve.