This Apricot Jam Chicken is your life-belt in those situations when you can’t come up with a dinner idea. Been there, done that. Easy to make and full of flavor, these sweet chicken thighs are guaranteed to please the whole family!
As promised, the recipe for apricot jam chicken is here. It was the first time ever I made this dish (apricots are rare in my country) but after tasting it I can confidently say – not the last one, that’s for sure.
If you haven’t checked out my last post yet, I made homemade apricot jam with candied orange peel and cinnamon a few days ago. It was another first for me and it turned out even better than I thought. We already had some with pancakes and Igor gave a double thumbs up while munching it.
I have only half of a jar left after gifting a few jars to my family but that’s alright. You can always make more jam given how easy the process is.
Ok, chicken. The idea to make the apricot jam chicken was born after a casual Pinterest browsing session. From what I’ve seen, I got the feeling that this combo is quite popular in the States. It’s always interesting to bump into something that’s super common for some people but you haven’t had a chance to ever taste it.
I’ve chosen chicken thighs for this recipe because they are more tender and juicy.
Not only apricot and chicken combination sounds drool-worthy, but the ease of preparation also sold me. Just mix the jam with garlic, lemon juice, and a few other ingredients, spread it over the chicken and throw it into the oven. I mean, it’s such a simple way to take poultry to the next level! Some people say that chicken is boring but if you have enough tricks up your sleeve it never is.
The book I adapted the recipe from also suggested using fresh sage sprigs in the marinade and it’s a great addition. I am guilty to not cooking with this fragrant herb enough. Somehow rosemary and basil are the ones that usually end up in my bag. Sage, though, is really worth attention!
Guys, if you struggle to come up with dinner ideas, this one is for you. Easy to make, looking good, and oh so delicious! Try it!
Apricot Jam Chicken Thighs with Sage
- 2.5 lb (1.1kg) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 sprigs fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil , divided
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large clove garlic , minced
- Put the chicken thighs in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the sage and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss well. Put in the fridge and let marinate for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C). In a small bowl, mix the lemon zest and juice with the apricot jam, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic.
- Discard the sage sprigs. Rub the jam mixture all over the chicken thighs and arrange them in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Serve with some rice. Enjoy!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping Yummy Addiction up and running!