For a simple, cozy breakfast for two, check out this easy air fryer oatmeal. It’s a quick, 20-minute recipe that will leave you satisfied and can easily be adjusted with seasonal flavors.
If you love a good bowl of oats for breakfast, this delicious air fryer oatmeal is going to be a new favorite go-to. It’s so simple to throw together and bakes much faster in the air fryer than it would in a traditional oven.
The result is a golden brown and hearty baked oat breakfast with a cake-like texture that’s bursting with berry flavor. It’s perfect as a cozy breakfast for two that can be easily customized with your favorite toppings or seasonal flavors.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- The combination of oats, berries, and nuts make it a filling, complete breakfast.
- It can be made all year long by simply swapping in seasonal fruit like apples, peaches, or pears.
- From start to finish it takes just 20 minutes for this to be ready to eat.
This healthy recipe packs big flavor from a handful of easy-to-find ingredients. Together they develop great texture and a natural, delicious sweetness.
- Oats – Make sure you use old-fashioned or rolled oats. Quick cooking or steel cut oats have much different cooking times and will not turn out the same.
- Sliced Almonds – Any sliced, slivered, or flaked almond works great. Other chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans would also be delicious.
- Milk – I personally use and recommend your favorite plant based milk. Dairy milk will also work in this recipe.
- Berries – I prefer to use half raspberries and half blueberries for the perfect balance of sweetness, tang, and juiciness. Any combination of berries or naturally sweet fruit can be used instead.
- Maple Syrup – I recommend using a natural liquid sweetener like maple syrup, honey, or agave syrup for best results.
- Vanilla Extract
Additional toppings are also great. A final drizzle of maple syrup, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or more berries can make this look just as pretty as it is delicious.
To make oatmeal in an air fryer you’ll need a baking pan that fits inside your model and a mixing bowl. Start by lightly greasing the pan. Then combine all the ingredients in the bowl, but leave out two tablespoons of almonds for the topping.
Mix well and then transfer the mix to the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top and gently press them down so they stick to the mix.
Lower the pan into your air fryer and cook at 325°F (160°C) for 15 minutes. It should be golden brown on top when it’s done. Serve it warm and enjoy your hearty, healthy, delicious breakfast.
Simple breakfasts like this oatmeal are perfect for seasonal cooking. Changing up the fruit makes it different all year long, which keeps it interesting and delicious. I hope you enjoy it too, and be sure to check out some of my other breakfasts featuring summer fruit. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Air Fryer Granola with Fresh Blueberry Yogurt
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bread with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
- Healthy Strawberry Mini Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
Air Fryer Oatmeal with Berries
- 1 cup (113g) old-fashioned oats
- 4 tablespoons (30 g) flaked almonds , divided
- 1 cup (240 ml) plant-based milk
- ½ cup (65 g) raspberries
- ½ cup (75 g) blueberries
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, 2 tablespoons of flaked almonds, milk, raspberries, blueberries, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
- Transfer the mixture to the lightly greased air-fryer friendly pan and spread into even layer. Sprinkle the remaining flaked almonds over the top and press down lightly in to prepared mixture.
- Air fry at 325°F (160°C) for 15 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.