Have you ever tried white chocolate brownies? You won’t believe how good they are! Trust me, you will simply love them no matter if you are a white chocolate lover or not.
These white chocolate brownies are loaded with Oreo cookies, topped with homemade caramel, white chocolate ganache and sprinkled with crushed Oreos… No, you aren’t dreaming. Yes, they really are as good as they look! 😉
These bars are fantastic for dessert, but they can be eaten for breakfast, too. I especially like them with a glass of milk. Yum!
They are sweet, but not too sweet. They are soft on the outside, but crunchy on the inside. Every bite is a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
I’m sure Oreo lovers like me will go crazy for them! I’ve made this version a few times – they never last long in our house. I should warn you… once you try this recipe, all self-control goes out the window. Are you prepared for that? 🙂
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 8 oz. good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 double stuffed Oreos
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- crushed Oreos for topping (optional)
- White Chocolate Brownies. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, and lightly spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and white chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. In another large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until well combined. Add the vanilla and chocolate mixture, and beat to combine. With a rubber spatula or mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture and mix until combined, making sure not to over mix. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Gently press Oreos into the batter, spacing evenly. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Caramel Topping. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add brown sugar and milk and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes, until the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar, and stir with a whisk until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over cooled brownies. Let stand 15-20 minutes, or until set.
- White Chocolate Ganache. Microwave chopped chocolate in 15-second intervals until chocolate is almost melted. Stir to fully melt and set aside. In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream until just about boiling. Remove from the heat, pour hot cream over chocolate and stir to blend well. Cut in the butter, one small piece at a time, and stir until smooth. Using the electric mixer, beat the chocolate mixture for several seconds. Let the mixture stand at room temperature to thicken slightly, so it can be spread.
- Spread the prepared ganache over the caramel layer and sprinkle with additional crushed Oreos, if desired. Chill for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Cut into squares and enjoy!