Hi, how are you doing? Today I’m really excited to share with you my new recipe! This time I made you meatballs. Have you ever tasted meatballs stuffed with avocado? You should! Because these are INCREDIBLE!
I decided to make the 50/50 combination of beef and pork for meatballs. But it wasn’t enough for me. I wanted something new and interesting, that’s why I stuffed them with avocado, which really added a level of creaminess to these little guys. To make meatballs even tastier, I’ve tossed them in the tangy, sweet and sticky sauce. So many different flavors in ONE BITE! Yum!
It’s so easy to make these little beauties. I will show you.
Firstly, mix all the meatball ingredients together with your hands. Make sure all the ingredients are mixed well. Now divide meat mixture into 14 (or more, it depends on the size of meatballs you desire ) portions. The meat is ready for meatballs!
But before that, you need to cut avocado into 14 pieces.
Now it’s time to make the meatballs! My advice: if the meat is too sticky, wet your hands with cold water before rolling the balls.
Bake them for about 30 minutes. Baking time depends on what size balls you are making. Have a look at this tiny cutie!
While the meatballs are baking, it’s time to make the sauce. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer on low for about 10 minutes. Don’t forget to stir often! If you want it to be more spicy, just add 1 tablespoon of your favorite chili sauce. Voila!
Add baked meatballs to the sauce and mix everything together. Cook for a few minutes to heat through. Our meatballs are done! I served them over spaghetti, garnished with chopped scallion and it was SOOOO YUMMY!!
These meatballs are so versatile. There are plenty of different ways to serve them… Serve over rise, mashed potatoes or you can eat these meatballs on their own as a tasty and fun appetizer.
Easy, flavorful, delicious. Seems like you are really dying to taste them…
- ½ lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- ½ lb (450 g) lean ground pork
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (plus a bit more for garnish)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 14 pieces
- ¼ cup (60 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) ketchup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients (except the avocado) together in a large bowl. Divide meat mixture into 14 portions and cut avocado into 14 pieces. Place 1 piece avocado in center of each meat portion and gently shape into ball. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until browned and no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and gently stir to evenly coat. Cook for 1-2 min, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Serve over spaghetti, rice, or mashed potatoes. Garnish with additional chopped scallion, if desired. Enjoy!