It’s no secret that me and my hubby love chicken dishes so I’m always trying new ways to prepare it. If you follow my blog, you should already know this. The main keys for my cooking experiments – simple, easy and delicious. These lemon pepper chicken thighs have everything you want in a dish. Very tender and juicy meat, the perfect balance of flavors… Mmm… So good, you’ll want to lick your plate clean!
These chicken thighs are slightly peppery and zesty, with just the right amount of lemon flavor. I couldn’t resist the wonderful citrus aroma that filled my house while these baked… So comforting!
The white wine makes the chicken super tender & juicy – it almost melted in my mouth! I’ve served the chicken with the remaining wine sauce on top and it was sooo delicious. It’s was the final touch needed to perfect the dish.
Go ahead and give this recipe a try – it’ll be a hit with the entire family!
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 thin lemon rounds
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine lemon pepper seasoning, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and lemon zest in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture onto chicken thighs.
- In a medium, oven-proof skillet (such as cast iron) over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook chicken skin side down for 3-4 minutes or until light golden brown. Flip chicken over. Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan. Scatter the bell pepper strips, onion and lemon rounds among the chicken thighs. Sprinkle everything with a little salt and pepper.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes (the cooking time depends on the size of the chicken pieces). If the chicken isn't browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Serve hot with the sauce poured over the top. Enjoy!