I love making sugar coated pecans during the holiday season. Every single December they are frequent visitors at my house. Nothing gets me into the holiday spirit more than the delicious smell of cinnamon and sugar coming from the oven… Oh, I could have that heavenly aroma floating in my kitchen all year round!
These little guys, together with these roasted almonds are a must at my Christmas table. Everybody loves them! They disappear from the table at the speed of light. One moment you see them and then they are gone. This is not an overstatement. Who could say no to pecans with a crunchy, crispy, sweet cinnamon-spiced coating? I couldn’t. Just look at all the cinnamon sugar goodness in those little cracks and crevices of the pecans. Don’t you just want to pop one in your mouth right now?
These sugar coated pecans are a great snack for any occasion, not only for Christmas. Don’t limit yourself to enjoying them only once a year! You can make them for a kids birthday party and I am sure they will be a hit. Kids love sweet things! Also they are great for topping salads, side dishes, desserts or they are perfect for gifting to friends and family. Trust me, they will surely love it!
These sweet pecans are ridiculously easy to make and taste much better than any store bought I’ve ever eaten in my whole life. This is a recipe for a small batch, as I make it for me and my hubby, but you can also make these for a crowd by doubling the ingredients. It will never be too much of them for sure!
Honestly, I can’t imagine Christmas without these lovely little treats! Try them once and you will get addicted just like me. You’ll see. 🙂
- 2 cups (about 8 oz.) pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 small egg white
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with melted butter. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white, water and vanilla until frothy. Add the pecans to the egg white mixture and, using a rubber spatula, stir until the pecans are completely coated. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt and cinnamon. Pour half of the sugar mixture over pecans and toss several times, then add remaining sugar mixture and toss until evenly coated. Spread the nuts on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring them every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!