Today I am bringing you another delicious recipe that would be perfect for any dinner table – herb roasted pork loin. Sounds yummy, isn’t it?
And are you ready for the best part?
It is so easy to make… SO EASY!
You have to combine all herbs, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small food processor.
The final result should be a garlic and herb mixture like in the picture below. If you don’t have a small food processor, you can chop the herbs and garlic with a knife.
Now coat the loin with the herb mixture and fry it in a little olive oil until the meat turns brown. We are almost done, guys…! Just place the pork loin in the prepared baking dish, cover it with aluminum foil and roast for 30 minutes. After that remove the aluminum foil and continue roasting for about 30 minutes longer.
The best way to know when the pork is cooked is by checking the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Insert it into the thickest part of the pork loin and it should register 145 F (63 C).
The loin is done… But wait!
Don’t hurry to take it out from the oven! Give the pork loin time to rest before slicing so it can get even more juicy and delicious.
Now you are ready to taste this deliciousness… Enjoy!
- 1¼ lbs. (600 g) pork loin
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ⅔ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine the garlic, fennel seeds, thyme, rosemary, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small food processor and pulse until the garlic is minced. Roll the loin in the herb mixture and coat all sides thoroughly.
- In a heavy non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the pork and cook until brown on all sides (2 minutes each). Place the pork loin (skin side up) in the prepared baking dish. Pour the oil from the skillet over the meat.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and roast for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and and continue roasting for about 30 minutes longer, or until the internal meat temperature reaches 145 F (63 C). When the pork is done, cover the baking dish with foil and allow the pork loin to rest for ten minutes before slicing.