Oh boy, this chicken macaroni salad has something for all your taste buds! It’s slightly tangy with a bit of sweetness, creamy, crunchy, and flavorful goodness. This is one of those comfort foods that’s impossible not to love.
This salad is so easy to make. The recipe has three stages: cooking pasta (and chicken, if you don’t have any leftovers…), preparing the dressing and the last one – honing your knife skills by dicing and chopping all veggies. Like I said, it’s so easy. 🙂
By the way, there are no rules for this salad – you can always add more of any ingredient if you feel there isn’t enough. Just have fun playing around with the flavors!
Now toss all ingredients together and voila!
Our salad is ready! Doesn’t this look yummy? You can refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve or… you can eat it right now like I do!
I love this colorful stuff! Adding chicken to this salad makes it hearty enough to be a light meal. It seems simple, but it’s definitely a must-try for you guys!
- 2 cups (8 oz.) dry elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- ⅓ cup diced dill pickles
- ¼ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup finely diced celery
- ⅓ cup finely chopped black olives
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling lightly salted water, cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper, and whisk until smooth.
- Place cooled macaroni in a large mixing bowl, pour dressing and toss. Stir in chicken, carrots, chives, pickles, bell pepper, celery and olives (you can always add more of any ingredient if you feel it's needed). Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!