These Chicken Cream Cheese Pinwheels also feature mango, corn, olives, and cheddar cheese. Taking only 15 minutes to make, they are perfect for a TV night or to serve for guests!
Tortilla pinwheels are a staple in our house. It’s not something we make only when guests come over, my hubby often asks for them when we plan a movie night in front of TV. I love when he does that because it means that I can have a legal “cheat meal” that evening! It’s legal when I am not the one who offers something. If it’s my hubby, friend, guests, mother, then it’s perfectly fine and I am not the one who initiates the breaking of my diet, ha! I know I know, I am talented in finding ways to justify my sins!
When we make pinwheels, tortillas are always generously slathered with cream cheese. Because that’s how we like it! You can come up with thousands of different pinwheel fillings but this time I want to show you these beautiful Chicken Cream Cheese Pinwheels stuffed with mango, corn, olives, and cheddar cheese. I made them the third time already because these little guys are out-of-this-world good!
I came up with this recipe by an accident when trying to use up leftovers sitting in my fridge. I had half a jar of canned corn, some black olives, and cheddar. Pinwheels was an obvious choice so I sent my hubby to a store to get flour tortillas, cream cheese, and pineapple or mango for more freshness. He ended up buying mango (it’s a rare guest in our house because to find a ripe one here is like to find a needle in a haystack) and thank God he did because the end result wouldn’t be as great with pineapples. At least I think so because they can be really overpowering sometimes.
These chicken cream cheese pinwheels hold together really well so they are great for serving to your guests. I did once and everybody loved them! All the pinwheels (there was a mountain of them) disappeared at the speed of light. No surprise here because the combination of flavors is fantastic! Try these and come back to thank me later!
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- ½ cup sweet crisp canned corn
- ⅓ cup black olives
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 1 mango, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. (225g) cream cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas (10-inch / 25cm)
- Combine all the ingredients except the flour tortillas in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread ¼ of the mixture on top of one of the tortillas. Roll up tightly. Repeat with the remaining mixture and tortillas. Cover the rolls with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes (you can skip this step if you lack time). Cut into slices and enjoy!