THESE are total winners!! They are absolutely delicious and addictive… Once you start, you can’t stop eating them… YUMMY! My hubby goes crazy for these chicken burgers. Seriously, he could eat them every single day! So I know how to make him happy from time to time. 😉
Ohh… these burgers are so incredibly tasty! I made them with homemade brioche buns, grilled chicken, tomato, lightly pickled onion rings, cheddar cheese, red cabbage, lettuce and yogurt-pesto sauce. All of the ingredients really complement each other well. In one word – DELISH!
I love burgers because they are cheap, taste good and are pretty simple to make. You just can’t go wrong with them! Wouldn’t you like to sink your teeth into this juicy burger? Oh yeah, I would!! These flavorful burgers are tempting me so bad… You should definitely put them on your to-do list! I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. 😉
Have a great weekend!! xo
- 3 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb. total)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 burger buns, sliced in half
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated red cabbage
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 handful of lettuce
- Chicken: Cut the chicken breast halves into 2 equal pieces. Place the pieces of chicken between two sheets of waxed paper and flatten them with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Combine olive oil, garlic, oregano, lemon zest, thyme, salt and pepper in a large zip-lock plastic bag and mix well. Add all pieces of chicken and massage marinade into meat until evenly coated. Seal the bag and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Pickled Onions: In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, water, salt and sugar. Add the onion rings, toss well, and marinate for at least 1 hour, tossing occasionally. Drain before serving.
- Yogurt Pesto Sauce: In a blender, combine yogurt, pesto and garlic. Blend until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat greased grill pan on stove over medium-high heat. Add the buns cut side down and let them toast until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat greased grill pan on stove over medium-high heat. Place the pieces of chicken in the grill pan and cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked completely through. A few minutes before removing from the heat, add a slice of cheddar cheese on each piece of chicken and allow to melt slightly.
- How To Assemble The Burger: Spread some yogurt pesto sauce on the bottom of a burger bun. Then place the lettuce leaf, grilled chicken with cheese, tomato, onion, grated red cabbage and another lettuce leaf. On the other half of the bun spread enough sauce and place the bun on top to complete your burger! Continue this until you have made all the burgers. Enjoy!