If you are looking for an easy and comforting dinner idea, this Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo Pasta is exactly what you need. We are talking about a big pile of noodles stuffed with shrimp, chicken, and mixed with a creamy wine sauce! So hearty and filling!
I kicked off this summer with two healthy and refreshing salads. This Strawberry Walnut Salad and Arugula Watermelon Salad to be exact. All the fresh produce got my head spinning and I started making one salad after the other (only two of them made the blog). Now, fresh herbs and veggies are awesome, but to be frank, sometimes you want something more comforting, and… More filling. Sorry, I just can’t live on plants alone! Neither can my hubby. He is one of those who eats the salad in a minute and asks when the real meal will be served!
I craved some sort of a pasta yesterday so I made this amazing Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo. I love the Alfredo sauce but usually I make it with one type of meat only: either chicken or shrimp. This time I decided to combine both and the result got me squealing with excitement! It is so good. My hubby ate a bowlful of this pasta with such a happy face as if he won a lottery. I guess he is trying to tell me that he is not into vegetarian lifestyle, ha ha!
Just imagine. A big pile of pasta covered in a delicious creamy wine sauce and packed with tender shrimp and chicken. Filling, comforting, hearty. Isn’t it what the comfort food is all about? Heavenly. I think I am going to repeat this chicken and shrimp Alfredo tomorrow. Right after that I am back on track with the fresh produce, healthy food, salads and all this stuff, ok? I promise.
To conclude, I just want to say that I didn’t expect it to turn out so delicious. I thought that shrimp and chicken together will be an overload. Not at all! Everything combined so great together. If you are looking for an easy dinner idea, look no more. It’s exactly what you need!
- 12 oz (340g) penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb (450g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb (450g) boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove. minced
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Ground paprika, to taste
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the skillet, cover with foil, and set aside.
- Lightly season the shrimp with salt, pepper and paprika. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same skillet and cook the shrimp in one layer, for 1-2 minutes per side until no longer translucent and fully cooked. Don't overcook. Remove to a bowl and cover with foil.
- In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until golden. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Pour in the wine and reduce by half scraping the bottom to deglaze the pan. Add the cream and simmer for 2 minutes more. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and stir until smooth. Turn off the heat. Season with paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta, shrimp and chicken, and toss everything together. Garnish with parsley, if desired and serve immediately. Enjoy!