There’s nothing better than good crispy chicken bites dipped in tangy honey mustard sauce. But wait, there’s more! These chicken nuggets are not like the usual ones, they have a secret ingredient – MOZZARELLA. Oh yes, these little babies are stuffed with mozzarella (which I love) so I am guessing these will be a hit!
Some of you may ask, how I did this, so let me show you. The technique is quite simple – just cut a pocket into each piece of chicken lengthwise and stuff with thin strips of mozzarella. It can’t be easier than this!
Maybe you noticed these adorable chicken nuggets are baked, not fried. And they still turn out super crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. Thanks to Panko bread crumbs!! Using these bread crumbs you can forget the deep-frying and all the mess in the kitchen. These Japanese bread crumbs will give these chicken bites a light, airy and crispy coating. Combine it with the Parmesan, garlic and Italian seasoning to create an amazing flavor combination that perfectly complements the chicken.
In just about 12 minutes, you have the best chicken nuggets you’ve ever had! Healthy and not greasy! Your family and friends will be surprised when they discover that mozzarella has been stuffed inside!
Now tell me, who doesn’t love homemade tiny full of flavor pieces of REAL chicken? Delicious, quick-to-prepare, baked to a crispy perfection – You are not convinced yet?
Here is the final reason why you should try these – healthy honey mustard yogurt dip. Chicken nuggets + this dip = it’s always a hit with everyone!
You just can’t say no to these amazing nuggets! 🙂
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into strips (about 1.5" x ⅓" x ⅓")
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Spread Panko bread crumbs in a thin layer on rimmed baking sheet and bake for 3-4 minutes, until lightly toasted. Once mostly cooled, transfer breadcrumbs to a shallow dish. Stir in Parmesan, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and olive oil. Mix well. Set aside.
- Set a wire rack on the baking sheet; lightly coat rack with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into each piece of chicken lengthwise, and make the pocket as big as possible without cutting through the backside. Stuff the mozzarella into the pockets. Make sure the strips go all the way into the chicken but doesn't come out the other side.
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow dishes. Working in batches, dredge chicken in flour (shaking off excess), dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat. Transfer to the rack.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, honey, Dijon mustard and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the chicken with the honey mustard yogurt dip.