Let me present you the perfect appetizer for a spring time gathering. This gorgeous asparagus and goat cheese tart is so easy to prepare and I always receive compliments when I serve it. Trust me, anyone can make this, no matter how bad you think you may be in the kitchen!
I love using puff pastry for all kinds of recipes, especially for quick and easy appetizers like this one. It just makes the perfect crust – light, flaky, tender and flavorful. All without any effort on your part!
The topping of this tart is quite flexible and up to you. Goat cheese, asparagus, Parmesan and dill are the perfect combination for me. Seriously. It’s very minimal in ingredients, but HUGE in taste and flavor.
This is a must try recipe for all asparagus lovers and I’m sure you will go crazy for this dish!
- 1 (10x15-inch) puff pastry sheet, thawed if frozen
- ½ cup soft goat cheese
- 15 to 20 asparagus spears, trimmed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour. Lay out puff pastry sheet and roll lightly with rolling pin. Fold each edge of the pastry over to form a border around the edges. Crimp the edges of the puff pastry with a fork and poke pastry sheet through in many spots so that the steam will come out when baking and to prevent it from puffing too much.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook asparagus 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Rinse under cold water and spread on paper towel to dry. Cut the spears of asparagus so that they fit across the length of the puff pastry.
- Carefully spread goat cheese evenly over the puff pastry and arrange the asparagus on top of the cheese, stacking to fit, if needed. Sprinkle with Parmesan and dill.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and a light drizzle of olive oil, if desired. Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!